Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Update On The Life Of The Gauthier's

Life has been quite swamped lately and a lot has been going on.

As far as school goes, I love it. Fashion projects slowly seem to be consuming my life but I enjoy being creative, designing posters and whatever else we are assigned. Every assignment seems to interest me whether it be a makeover, career interview, etc. My professors are still wonderful and I have somewhat of a relationship with each one. I am gradually making new friends and meeting new people.

Work has been great. I could not have gotten hired at a better job. I may be getting paid minimum wage, but it is just enough for a wife who is also attending school. I get plenty of hours, anywhere ranging from 20-25 a week. I love my manager. She is young and we have a lot in common. I feel like we are usually on the same page about things and I feel comfortable around her. Most of the sales associates have left or will probably be leaving soon which just means Heavenly Couture gets a fresh new group of girls. It’s exciting and I love the environment. It’s in the downtown/beach setting where we usually stay pretty steady. Our merchandise is all under $15 so it is affordable for everyone. We typically get women of all ages, even the younger teenage girls. So really our merchandise is ideal for all females. It is by far the easiest job I’ve ever had yet it’s still the one I love most. I love the people I work with, the clients who come into our store, the style of our clothes & accessories…etc. I love it all.

John’s deployment is never-changing. One day the USMC wants him to deploy and the next they don’t want anything to interfere with his recovery from surgery. I think they have finally decided to make him a combat replacement, which I view positively yet also negatively as well. The good side of it is that they are planning on him going to Afghanistan so he will stay in the mailroom for now. The down part is that if someone gets injured or killed, then John has to leave immediately to take their place in combat. What if he has to leave on Thanksgiving? What if he has to leave on Christmas Eve and miss Christmas Day and New Years? Those are my concerns. I just pray for his safety and for God to take care of us. But whatever happens I know happens for a reason and we can get through it. We have already been through so much together. If he deploys, then it will be just extra money for us to help us survive in the expensive state of California. And if he doesn’t deploy, then that just means we get to cherish more time together.

As far as my side of the family goes, things haven’t gotten much better. Things are slowly progressing but honestly I see my relationship with them as a roller coaster ride. Constantly up and then the next day we are just back down again. I can’t keep up with it because it’s so unpredictable. I’m still praying that God will heal their hearts and lead them back to me. I hope that time with help settle things because I just want a positive relationship. I want to be able to act like a family and talk like we love each other. Please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment